Sunday, April 01, 2007

A BIZARRE DREAM & THE RAINS CAME & THE POWER OF MEDITATION

By OLIVENE GODFREY

A long-time friend, Jeanette,and her husband are world travelers.
And, I had a wild dream about them one recent night. I dreamed that Jeanette called and invited Barry and me to her house to meet the legendary Beatles who were her guests. We dashed to Jeanette's house and met all four of the stars. (Yes, I know this dream went back in history, but my dreams are rarely realistic.) We were all laughing and talking when I woke up.
Later, I told Barry about the dream and he said, "How bizarre", which it was. We never saw the Beatles perform live. But, my late husband, Ralph, and Barry did attend a live performance
of Elvis when he was in his prime and it was an exciting
experience.

We saw a flock of robins in the yard one day last week and our trees are greening up and are causing a lot of pain as the pollen count was over 4,000 several days last week. A yellow haze of pollen was covering cars and porch furniture and making all of us in the southeast feel miserable. Some say this is the worst allergy season in years. I don't remember the pollen count ever being so high here. I have a prescription allergy drug and I have stayed in the house as much as possible. And then last Friday, we got lucky and a scattered shower rained an inch on us. The rains came again early today and rained all morning
and I don't think it is over so that should relieve we allergy sufferers for a while.

I've read several articles recently about the power of meditation. This is the state when you become mentally and physically relaxed with the foundation being focus and attention.
I have been meditating since I was a kid without realizing it. I have always needed some time alone and in the summer months when I was a child, I would go out in a large sage field behind our house. And, I would lay on my back in the middle of the field to get away from my sisters and the neighborhood kids.
I know now I would meditate and feel rejuvenated when I left the field. Most days I spend a little time meditating and it helps me.

More of my favorite quotes--"Not all women are guilty of repeating gossip. Someone has to start it."-Earl Wilson

"The surest way to get a job done is to give it to a busy man. He'll have his secretary do it."Snapshots."

"It is always the best policy to speak the truth, unless, of course, you are an exceptionally good liar."_ Jerome K. Jerome

See you next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home