Sunday, March 18, 2007

RECUPERATING FROM MISERABLE COLDS

By OLIVENE GODFREY

I am recuperating (I hope) from a miserable cold, the first one I have had in years. Son Barry had a very bad cold, too, and I guess I caught mine from him. We are both in the coughing stage now and we go around sounding like fog horns and not having much energy.

I didn't feel like going out with this cold and for various reasons, I hadn't been outside the house in several weeks.
So, this past Friday, Barry didn't have to work,and we went to the Dalton mall for much needed haircuts. The weather was cold and windy and no sunshine. But, I was only out in the bad weather a few minutes, going from Barry's car to the mall entrance. Barry took me on a wild, fast ride in my wheelchair and I wore a hat that covered my ears so I don't think the outing harmed me. We had an early lunch at the Chick-Fil-A and stopped by Sears and bought some kitchen hand towels that were on sale after we got haircuts and were back home by noon.

I am delighted to report that the Incredible Poinsettia has several red leaves now with more turning. The 1.5 year old plant didn't have any red leaves during the Christmas holidays. The plant is huge and healthy. My Christmas cactus has always bloomed around Thanksgiving. So, I guess sometimes plants inner clocks get mixed up. Barry has been giving the indoor plants a little dose of Miracle Grow which is causing them to thrive.

The landscaping crew came out one recent day and pruned our shrubbery and cleaned up the yard. Now, all Barry has to do when warm weather arrives is to mow the grass with his riding lawnmower, something he enjoys doing.

So many flowering bushes and trees are in full bloom everywhere, making life miserable for we allergy sufferers. The pollen count has been over a thousand a few days and high every day which I guess is the price we pay for our lush foliage and flowers.

MORE QUOTES--

Children seldom misquote you. They repeat what you shouldn't have said, word for word, L & N


"One can endure sorrow alone, but it take two to be glad."
Elbert Hubbard.

"The real test of courtesy and restraint is to have an ailment just like the other guy is describing and not mention it."
Scattered Sunshine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home