Sunday, March 05, 2006

EARLY SIGNS OF SPRING LIFTS SPIRITS

By OLIVENE GODFREY

As I looked out of my windows at intervals last Friday morning, I thought, what a pretty world it is today! It began with the gorgeous sunrise over the mountain range. Later, the reflections
of the bright sunshine on our neighbor's farm lake looked
like a thousand sparkling sequins on the water. I admired
our pear tree which is in full bloom and while spring hasn't arrived yet, I know a frost may nip the white blossoms,
The yellow jonquils are blooming and the forsythia bushes have some tiny yellow flowers on them. The plants that have spent the winter in the garage are growing and needing more water.
Later, the yard was filled with a flock of robins., some feeding
from our buffet.

The landscaping crew that prunes our many shrubs and cleans up the yard in the spring came last week. When the grass starts growing, the lawn will be ready for Barry to mow. He bought a new Sears riding lawn mower last year and enjoys mowing the grass with it.

A few days ago,I looked outside the kitchen windows and
saw what appeared to be hundreds of large black birds feeding in our backyard and a few pecked at our seed in the feeder.
The birds were only here about ten minutes and then in unison
they all flew upward to the sky and disappeared in a few seconds.

Early Saturday morning, my spirits were dampened upon my discovery that our kitchen sink was stopped up. I made a quick
phone call to Roto Rooter and presto!, in less than an hour
the plumber had unstopped the drain and with Barry's help,
the kitchen was soon back normal. Despite the service charge
my spirits bounced back and it is still a pretty world here in northwest Georgia.

See you next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home