Monday, February 27, 2006

EMERGING FROM WINTER HIBERNATION

By OLIVENE GODFREY

Following a month of winter hibernation, I finally ventured out of the house this past Sunday. The reason I was confined to the house was a combination of miserable weather and health problems. Also, I still haven't got a flu shot and have tried to avoid crowds this winter. But, son Barry, was determined that I would go out to lunch on Sunday.

On Sunday morning, the temp was in the 20s with a brisk wind.
but we had plenty of bright sunshine. So, we dressed warmly shortly before noon and then Barry drove us to Ryan's in
Dalton. We ate a delicious lunch off their bountiful buffet.
I ate a couple of taboo foods but I ate only small portions. Ryan's has a large variety of foods and if you have the discipline it is possible to stay on a diet while eating off their buffet.

After we ate lunch, we went to the nearby mall. We had taken my wheelchair and Barry gave me a speedy, and a bit scary, ride across the parking lot to the mall entrance. We both needed haircuts. And, we stopped by Master-Cuts and got good haircuts and we look more well-groomed now. By then, the mall was getting crowded and I was a bit tired, so we came home. The day was a good one and I hope I can venture out more but I don't think winter will be over for a few more weeks.

----------------------------

While browsing through the Sunday paper, I came across an interesting article in the USA Weekend magazine. Entitled,
Too Much of a Good Thing- Experts on why more isn't always better." the article listed five things that many of us probably do from time to time. There were experts opinions on Fiber,
brushing teeth, water, scrubbing face and too much exercise.
The hardest of these for me to follow is the fiber one. Too much causes pain as I have discovered but I can't seem to
work out the right amount for a day.

I believe that moderation is always best and people who are extremists on any subject can be big bores.

See you next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home