Monday, June 27, 2005

SENTIMENTAL HOE, BABY BIRDS TAKE FLIGHT, NEW SHOES & HAIRCUT....

By OLIVENE GODFREY

Part of the handle of an old hoe that my late husband, Ralph, used in his vegetable gardens over the years is now a part of the side handle of my recliner. After I fell last April and injured my right shoulder and arm, I couldn't lift the handle to lift up the foot rest, on my recliner. So, son Barry used part of the old hoe handle to extend the handle on the recliner to make it easier for me to use. I use it many times during the day and part of the handle Ralph held in his hands in the garden is used in the recliner handle now and it has sentimental meaning to me.

I think earlier this summer, I told you that a tiny bird had built a nest in my huge Christmas cactus plant on the patio. The little eggs hatched out and tiny baby birds were left in the nest while the mama bird gathered food for them. And a few days ago, we noticed the nest is empty, so we assume the little birds took flight.

Despite being under the weather yesterday (Sunday) I had a busy and enjoyable day and accomplished all I had planned to do. During intervals of rain showers, we went to Chatsworth to eat lunch at the Village cafeteria. We came home for a while and then in a lull in the showers, Barry drove us to the mall in nearby Dalton. Since we were there early in the afternoon, the crowds weren't bad, and I walked right in the Mastercuts hair salon and ten minutes later, I left with a short, very good haircut which costs a fraction of what I had been paying.
At Mastercuts web sit, they say the chain salons offer casual upbeat haircuts for the whole family, all at practical prices.
So, it isn't a status place so who cares? As long as I get a good haircut at a low price, I don't care who cuts my hair.

We went to the Sears store in the mall, and I tried on several pairs of athletic shoes and winded up buying the Reebok's classic style which I had worn before and liked. A pair of New Balance shoes felt pretty good but the Reeboks was a little better for me. I am wearing the new shoes today and so far haven't any problems with them.

Since this past Friday, I have been wearing my pull over clothing and it feels great. The physical therapist came that

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home