Saturday, May 21, 2005

DOCTOR VISIT REPORT & ROTATORS CUFF & MORE

By OLIVENE GODFREY

It has been six weeks since I fell and injured my right shoulder and arm and this past Thursday I saw my doctor for a checkup and also had new X-rays. The doctor said the X-rays showed that I am healing and she ordered a therapy program for the shoulder and arm with the home health physical therapists who have been working with me on my balance. I have exercises I have been using for the balance problem and they seem to be working. Walking with the cane helps a lot as it gives me confidence and helps with my balance. I don't mind using the came and if anyone smarts off to me, I can whack them with the cane.

I have used my left hand to do everything the past six weeks and I am afraid I am developing rotators cuff so am also doing exercises for that arm, too. It would be awful if I couldn't use the left arm. I have got so used to using it that at this stage in my recovery, I can eat better with it than with my right. The doctor told me to take the sling off some and practice a gentle exercise with that arm which I am doing. The right arm looks normal now and I am typing with the right hand now but the arm is still very weak.

Since I am awkward eating with the left hand, I have been reluctant to eat out since my accident. I have been to doctor's office several times and to get a haircut and that is all. So, Barry has told me that we are going out to lunch tomorrow and where we go depends upon how well I feel. So, I am hoping I feel rested and up to going out.

I only had the home health bath aide four weeks and the past week have been in the shower with no help. But, I only shower when Barry is at home, in case I run into trouble. When my late husband became ill, we had the master bathroom which I use now equipped for the handicapped so it isn't too hard to shower in it.

See you next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home