Sunday, May 15, 2005

NO NEW NEWS ON MY INJURY & THOUGHTS ON FAMOUS PEOPLE

BY OLIVENE GODFREY

This past week, I have had a few improvements in my right hand and am typing with it again. I have appointment with my doctor on Thursday for check up on my broken shoulder-arm bone and should know more what to expect in my recovery then.

Meanwhile, I will share some thoughts I have had while I rest in my recliner. Did you ever meet a movie star?, or a high public official?, or any person who has achieved prominence in their chosen field? If so, were you a little afraid?

Many people seem to feel that famous and important people
are a little greater than they are, that these people know something special about life. Actually, such people are human beings just as we are. If you have an opportunity to talk with them for awhile you learn that they aren't much different than you.

Yet, except for members of royalty who usually inherit their titles, prominent people do posses some outstanding traits.
They have within them a drive for personal recognition,
And they desire respect and affection of their fellowmen.

If you live very long, you soon learn, and often it’s a painful lesson, that life isn't fair. It is a succession of opportunities, both good and bad; Goals are good only if they are possible for you. And, you must make sure your goals are worth the cost.

It's my belief that if you want your luck to change; you have to change your attitude. By having a positive attitude you can do much to guide your destiny.

See you next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home