Sunday, May 08, 2005

By Olivene Godfrey



ANOTHER ACCIDENT AND MORE....

Ironically. Only moments after I had written last Sunday that my broken bone was healing I had another accident. I am not sure what happened. My office chair has wheels on it and I think when I stood up, the chair slid into me and the next instant I had banged my bad arm into the wall behind me. It hurt like the dickens and I have not yet recovered from the scare it gave me. To sym it up, the injury wasn't related to my broken shoulder arm broken bone. The impact had been my elbow which was black and blue and badly swollen soon. The doctor told me to put ice packs on my elbow and it seems okay now. I am thankful to God that the injury wasn't worse.

I am afraid I am getting phobic about walking and falling again. The therapist who has been helping me with my balance, said we will work on this next week. I have been walking with my cane now which I should have used for some time.

I am still having some pain but it isn't any worse than some I have had in past. At the same time, I think this period since my first accident is the most frustrating of my life. I still feel so weak and helpless. I have to do everything with my left hand, including typing, and this hand is stiff with arthritis so I am frustrated often. I am a note writer and write notes to myself and to son Barry all during the day to remind of us of things we need to do. I also make notes of writing ideas.
Since I am right handed, my left hand is very inept at writing, and I often can't read my notes.

I am still enjoying the spring greenness in our yard. Barry bought anew riding lawn mower this spring and enjoys mowing the yard and has it looking good. I am going to try to venture outside more this next week with the help of the therapist. Meanwhile, I am going to move gingerly when I get out of my office chair now.

See you next time, I hope.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home