Wednesday, August 30, 2017

PUBLICITY FOR NOVEL

August 30, 2017

By Olivene Godfrey

My final novel, The Bend in the Road, was recently published and friends who have read it have told me it is a good book.  But, even the best novels need publicity.  I can't afford expensive advertising and I am hoping the local newspaper, The Daily Citizen, will print an article on it being published.  I worked for The Daily Citizen for 10 years several years ago.  We sent an email to the editor when it was published but haven't received a response yet.

My mind went back today to long time editor, Mark Pace, who gave me my first break.  Another editor, Jimmy Espy, wrote a column about me when I started writing a blog.  Espy started the newspaper's Forum.  I think his sarcastic and often humorous comments made the feature popular.  The Forum is now boring with few editor comments.  Many of the entries are long tirades that make little sense.  I would love to read Jimmy Espy's comments on some of them.

See you next time.  Comments welcome.  (Edited and typed by Tam.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home