Monday, August 07, 2017

DO NOT GO GENTLE INTO THAT GOOD NIGHT

August 7, 2017

By Olivene Godfrey

I have suffered for several days with my recurring IBS attacks and arthritis.  I follow a strict diet my doctor gave me several years ago but nothing seems to help.  I almost gave up and prayed to just die.  But, I thought of several things I still want to accomplish.  I remembered the famous poem by Dylan Thomas.  The first verse goes, "Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Tam told me Friday that my final novel, "The Bend in the Road" is about ready to be published by Amazon.  I hope all of you will buy it.
See you next time.  Comments welcome.  (Edited and typed by Tam.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home