Friday, June 23, 2017

NUMBER 744 & STILL WRITING

June 23, 2017

By Olivene Godfrey

The reason I'm late in writing my blog is that I have been suffering from a bout with IBS and other old age ailments.  It's not easy being old.

Does anyone remember S&H Green Stamps?  They were popular from the 1930's until the late 1980's.  They were distributed as part of a loyalty rewards program operated by the Sperry & Hutchinson Company (S&H).  Customers would receive stamps at the checkout counter of supermarkets, gasoline stations and department stores among other retailers, which could be redeemed for products in the catalog.

I saved the stamps for years and earned some very nice items.  One was a brass floor lamp which we still have in our den.  We have several nice kitchen products Barry still uses.  He is the family cook now, and I might add, a very good one.

On another note, Barry and I were discussing when I started writing this blog in 2003.  He checked and told me I had written 743 blogs since then.  The most popular blog I've written is the one about Sand Mountain.  Go figure....

See you next time.  Comments welcome.  (Edited and typed by Tam.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home