Friday, August 25, 2017

MANY THANKS

August 25, 2017

By Olivene Godfrey

I want to thank my blog and Facebook friends for buying my final novel, The Bend in the Road.  Your comments always warm my heart.

While I wrote the novel, it had been a long time since I'd read it.  Yesterday afternoon I didn't have anything in particular to do so Tam suggested I read the novel.  While I was reading the book, I kept thinking, "By Golly, this is a good book!", and I can hardly wait to get back to reading it.

I was reminded of words from Celeste Sibley who wrote a popular column for many years for the Atlanta Constitution newspaper.  She wrote about interviewing a famous author who was on tour promoting a new book.  She said the author complained about her awful writing in the book.  Celeste, who I had the privilege of meeting in Atlanta, said she didn't understand that and added, "I like my writing."  Celeste also has several books published.  She told me she often read the column I wrote for Dalton's Daily Citizen which pleased me very much.

Again, thanks for purchasing the book, and I hope each of you enjoy reading it.  I also hope you will tell your friends about the book.

See you next time.  Comments welcome.  (Edited and typed by Tam.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home