Thursday, February 23, 2017

UNPLEASANTRIES

February 23, 2017

By Olivene Godfrey

I've been thinking of some of the things I have to do to maintain my health that are unpleasant, to say the least.  One is being on oxygen full time.  Let me stress that I'm very grateful that we have oxygen here in our home and it helps me breath easier.  Having the tubing in my nose and around my ears constantly is uncomfortable, not to mention the bothersome tubing scattered all over the room.  But, thank God for it!

Barry and Tam can't understand why in the past I gave myself breathing treatments with my nebulizer and it didn't bother me.  Now I have a nose piece that I don't have to hold, and by the time the treatment is finished, I'm ready to climb the wall!

Another one, I hate having to take a fluid pill every day because of the continual trips to the restroom!

It's still February but here in Georgia signs of spring is here.  Our pear tree is blooming.  I hope we don't have our usual killing frost in March.  The jonquils my late husband, Ralph, planted many years ago are blooming.  This is strange as for some unknown reason they stopped blooming about 10 years ago.  Barry says maybe it's a good omen.

See you next time.  Comments welcome.  (Edited and typed by Tam.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home