Thursday, July 10, 2014

MY MANY BLESSINGS

July 10, 2014

By Olivene Godfrey

The good Lord has blessed me with the gift of certain people in my life.  For instance, I was born with no talent for mechanical or electrical repair.  Fortunately, my late parents and late husband, Ralph and son, Barry, have always been there to "fix" things for me.  Ralph had a reputation for being a genius when it came to automobile engines.  Some of his "fans" say that if Ralph couldn't fix it, it couldn't be fixed.  He used to kid Barry and say, "If you hadn't been able to fix things, I would have sent you back".

Barry says many people think Ralph taught him about engines.  Barry recalls that when he was a boy he would ask Ralph how to fix something, and, Ralph would tell him to figure it out himself, which he did.

Barry now repairs computers and guitars.  I'm glad that Barry did inherit a love of the arts from me.  Since he was a child he has been an avid reader and is an accomplished guitarist.  I am very proud to be his mother.

Then, I needed a caregiver in my old age.  God sent me my wonderful Tam, who is a very talented person.  As she modestly says, "I can do most anything if I set my mind to it".  I'm proud to be her friend.

As I look back over my 86 years, I can truly say I've been blessed.

See you next time.  Comments welcome.  (As told to Tam)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home