Monday, July 07, 2014

FIRST BREAK, OLD & NEW FRIENDS

July 7, 2014

By Olivene Godfrey

On July 14, 1968, my first by-lined article was published by Dalton's, The Daily Citizen which was my break in the news business.  I owe all my success in my career to The Daily Citizen for that first break.

I had a serendipity July fourth when my former neighbor and friend, Genevelyn, paid me a visit.  She also brought Barry a bag of green beans fresh from her garden.  We had a good chat and I enjoyed her visit.

During the Fourth holiday, I took a shower bath by myself, but I prefer having Tam in the bathroom with me.  She took a well deserved four day holiday.  I proved to myself that I could take the showers.

This past Saturday, Barry and his long time friend, Larry had lunch in Dalton.  When they returned, Larry's fiance', Tara joined us.  I hadn't met her until Saturday and I like her and hope she and Larry will be happily married.  They invited Tam and myself to their church wedding in August.  If all goes well I hope we can attend the wedding.  Barry will be Larry's best man and it will be good to see Barry in a suit and tie as he usually dresses in casual clothes.

I have been using my Rollator this weekend, but need more practice.  I am looking forward to seeing Tam this morning and hope her dad is feeling better.

See you next time.  Comments welcome.  (As told to Tam)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home