Wednesday, June 25, 2014

I GOT A BOOSTER SHOT & SNEAK PREVIEW OF NEW NOVEL

June 25, 2014

By Olivene Godfrey

Yesterday, Barry drove us to my blood doctor's office in Calhoun, Georgia.  My recent blood test revealed that I needed a booster shot which stimulates the bone marrow to produce more red blood cells.  The resulting rise in red blood cells increase the oxygen-carrying capacity of the blood.  I hope the shot will soon give me more energy.

My new novel centers on two women, Nickie Morrison and her aunt, Jill Kinley, and the events, people and the men they love who influence their lives as they struggle to break out of the roles assigned to them by time, places and social class.  The novel is set in Chattanooga, Tennessee and North Georgia with portions set in New York City and San Francisco, California and Treasure Island, Florida.

Interwoven in the novel are scenes that depict the World War II home front in the United States, the rapid development of plastics in industry and medicine, and of alcohol addicted, Nickie's husband, a brilliant scientist, the Southern structure of the era and portraits of the professions of the major characters.

Tam is working hard preparing the ebook for publication.  I'll let you know when the book is published and available through Amazon.

See you next time.  Comments welcome.  (As told to Tam)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home