Monday, June 30, 2014

REFLECTION ON PAST JULY 4TH'S & NEW ROLLATOR

June 30, 2014

By Olivene Godfrey

So much has happened here since I last posted a blog.  So, I will just touch on the high spots today.

We've had a lot of rain, with some hot, sunny days.  The patio plants are gorgeous since Barry started putting fertilizer on them.  The crepe myrtle bush is about ready to burst with blossoms which are a thing of beauty.

Barry and I will have a quiet July 4th with a cookout of filet mignon steaks on the electric grill.  It hasn't always been this way.  For many years we had a big 4th of July party/cookout (my late mother celebrated her birthday on the 4th).  I would plan the party for weeks before the big day.  We got out the big Weber grill and Barry barbecued hot dogs and hamburgers for our dinner party.  After birthday cake was served, mother opened her gifts.  For that last party I had a florist make a pretty table centerpiece which I still have in a closet.  We haven't had a family July 4th party since mother passed away in 2000.  And, I always feel sad on that holiday.

Tam's dad was admitted to the hospital last week and she wasn't able to be here.  He seems to have had a COPD attack and we've been praying for him.  I had to stay alone one day and Barry had left a lunch for me in my sitting/bedroom fridge which worked out well.  The only problem I had was transporting the food to my recliner.  So, an idea was born in my mind.  I told Barry that night about my problem which led to his order of a Rollator for me.  It is basically a walker with a comfortable padded seat and a basket which can be used to carry personal items.  The Rollator doubles as a comfortable chair giving you the opportunity to rest and refresh yourself any where and at any time.  My sister, Jeanette, has had one for several years and has tried to get me to get one.  I was, and still am, a bit worried about the Rollator's brakes.  But, I'm excited about it as I could move freely around the house when I'm alone.  It should be delivered tomorrow from Amazon.

I have really missed Tam and am looking forward to seeing her this morning, if all goes well, please God.  Have a happy July 4th!

See you next time.  Comments welcome.  (As told to Tam)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home