Tuesday, July 21, 2009

WAITING FOR HEART TESTS RESULTS

By OLIVENE GODFREY

I recently had an appointment for lab work at my doctor's office as my tests four months ago showed a body inflammation. At that time, my doctor changed the dosage on my Lipitor. My research shows that body inflammation disrupts plaque, the build up of cholesterol and other materials in and on the artery wall. When that happens, according to Dr. Paul G Donahue, who writes a question and answer newspaper column, "the ruptured plaque attracts platelets, which form a clot within the artery. The clot blocks blood flow and leads to either a heart or brain artery."

The doctor says, and I've also read in other articles, that "it turns out that statin drugs not only take care of cholesterol, but they also reduce inflammation, so they are a doubly effective prevention of heart attacks and strokes."
Lipitor is the statin drug I take and I am hoping the larger dosage I have taken the past four months has reduced my inflammation.

I have a family history of heart attacks and my daddy died of one when he was 65 years old. So, I want to do whatever I can to prevent one myself. So, naturally, I am anxious to get the report of my heart tests in a couple of days. I tell myself that if the results were really bad someone from the doctor's office would have called me.

I will keep you posted and please remember me in your prayers.

See you next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home