Friday, July 24, 2009

REPORT ON HEART TESTS RESULTS

By OLIVENE GODFREY

In my last entry in this space, I told you I had an appointment with my primary care doctor regarding tests that showed a body inflammation four months ago. I had lab work and the ICG recently and yesterday I returned to the doctor's clinic to hear the results. The diagnosis is Malignant hypertension and Edema, peripherad (swelling or fluid). The doctor changed the dosages of the three blood pressure pills I take and increased dosages of the various vitamins I take. I will return to the clinic in a month for another ICG test and follow-up.

Son Barry and I weren't familiar with the ICG test so he researched the machine on the Internet and found that the ICG test is a completely non invasive test that can be performed in either a physician office or hospital setting to provide your physician information about your heart's ability to deliver blood to the rest of your body, the force your heart has to pump against with each heartbeat, and the amount of fluid in your chest.

In a doctor's office, the ICG test does not replace any tests that your doctor is currently performing. Many patients are familiar with the EKG test, which measures the electrical function of the heart. The ICG test measures the mechanical function of the heart, and provides different information than an EKG.

See you next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home