Thursday, March 26, 2009

DON'T BE JUST AN ORDINARY PERSON
By Olivene Godfrey
I once found myself in "hot water"--largely because of a matter of semantics--in a conversation with a Georgia state senator over the definition of the word,"ordinary." And since then I have tried to refrain from referring to myself as ordinary. Actually, I had never considered myself an ordinary person, anyway.

And after reading some words on this subject a number of years ago by Joe D. Batton, author of "Dare to Live Passionately",
I renewed my vow to never say, "I'm just an ordinary person."
He says that you can't show him a single statement in the Old or New Testament that urges you to be common. But, he said, you can find 2,000 statements that urge you to be uncommon, to climb to the heights of your potential.

The author adds that the greatest sin a man or woman can commit is to focus on their weaknesses, to hide behind what they think is wrong with them. He agrees with my own philosophy, that enthusiasm and discipline are two of the most needed ingredients
in our daily lives. And if you are truly enthusiastic it is something you are. Others are aware of your enthusiasm for life. So, remember you aren't just an ordinary person.

----------------------------------

It had been weeks since I had a Sunday outing until last weekend. It was a lovely spring day and I was determined that I was going out to eat and then go to the mall for a haircut. I didn't feel too chipper but never mind, I told myself, as I dressed to go out. Son Barry drove us on the scenic two-lane road to Dalton and the pretty farms and houses and yards were all looking spring-like and that lifted my spirits. We ate a delicious buffet lunch at Western Sizzlin and then we both got haircuts at the mall. So, don't worry, I told myself, even if I did have to go to the restroom twice while we were away from our house, I was feeling cheerful as we did our chores when we returned home.

Quote: " One can understand the raised eyebrows of the book store clerk when a man returned for a refund on a book, entitled, "How to be Master in your own home.". He said his wife wouldn't let him keep it."--The Scrap Book.

See you next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home