Tuesday, May 29, 2007

NEW IBS TREATMENT CAUSING DISCOMFORT & MEMORIAL DAY HOLIDAY BUSY FOR BARRY & GEORGIA DROUGHT

By OLIVENE GODFREY

Since I last wrote in this space, I have endured discomfort as I continue the treatment that my GI-doctor prescribed for me a couple of weeks ago. At times, I have been tempted to stop the treatment but I have persevered as I am hoping that in time it may be the solution to my Irritable Bowel Syndrome problem.

I had a scare one day last week during a painful interlude
in my bathroom. I felt faint and started walking to my bed and the next thing I knew I was on the bedroom floor and aching all over. Fortunately, I had no serious injuries. The medicine
I am taking is very expensive and is not on my insurance company's list. I am taking samples now the doctor gave me and I want to be certain the medicine is helping me before I have the prescription filled.

I didn't leave the house during the Memorial day holiday weekend.
Because of the wildfires in South Georgia, the air quality outside is bad and dangerous for people with breathing problems like I have. Georgia is in a drought and the experts say the antidote to the problem may be a tropical storm that would bring heavy rains to the area. It is so dry here with no heavy rains in sight. For several days a tiny bird has been taking a bath in the asparagus fern saucer water and I have enjoyed watching it. Son Barry had a four-day holiday and was busy most of the time, taking care of odd jobs in the house and doing yard work. On Memorial day, he grilled steaks for dinner. He went out some during the weekend and enjoyed sleeping later in the mornings.

Quotes-- "Always put off until tomorrow what you are going to make a mess of today."-Talelights

"Money and women are the most sought after and least understood things of any we have"- Will Rogers

"Don't despair, the sun has a sinking spell each evening."
Jack Key

See you next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home