Monday, December 04, 2006

EYE DOCTOR REPORT & WINTER IS HERE

By Olivene Godfrey

Last Friday, Barry took me to see the eye doctor for a follow up visit regarding my recent cataract surgery. After I was tested by a technician, I talked to the doctor and he told me that I now have 20 20 vision which is perfect. My right eye still works fine so I don't need any surgery on it now.
All I need is a pair of reading glasses. I return to the doctor in two weeks to be certain the healing process is complete. Then, I will be fitted for glasses. Meanwhile, the doctor said that I can continue wearing the drugstore glasses son Barry bought me for reading and close work. In short, it seems my cataract surgery was a huge success. I am so thankful to God for my good eyesight and for giving my doctor the skill to restore my vision in my left eye.

Winter is here in northwest Georgia regardless of the date on the calendar. We are having low morning temps and cold days, too. Our house is warm and toasty though and I hope the electric power doesn't go out. But, if it does, we have three good kerosene heaters for back up heat. Barry and I are well satisfied with the electric heat pump that we had installed last year.
As far back as I can remember, I have heard and believed that getting cold may lead to cold. But, the scientists always scoffed at the idea. Now an article in Consumer Report On Health publication report the results of a recent study that seems to prove that getting chilled can indeed lead to colds. The research said that previous studies were too small and didn't use natural exposure to cold viruses as the recent study did. The new study isn't definite but as the article points out, it gives us another reason to stay warm in the winter. And, don't forget to dress warmly and wear a cap or hat on your head before going outside. Wash your hands often and try to avoid people with colds is still good advice.

See you next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home