Sunday, October 01, 2006

HEALTH REPORT & NOTES FROM MEMO PAD

By OLIVENE GODFREY

I am pleased to report that I feel somewhat better now than I have for several weeks when I was having blood pressure problems. I go back to the doctor in a couple of weeks and hope I will be completely recovered by then.

Son Barry had a physical a couple of months ago and his lab work was perfect except for his cholesterol being too high.
The doctor started him on a cholesterol lowering drug and told him to have lab work again in two months which he recently did.
The doctor was astonished that Barry's cholesterol had dropped so dramatically. He doesn't have to go back to doctor for six months. He seems to be in really good health now except for his arthritis which he says he is controlling with fish oil.
And that is good news for him and for me.

We are having great weather now--warm sunny days with cool or cold nights with a few rain showers scattered around. October is such a gorgeous month with the kind of weather and blue sky that has longed inspired poets and adds a zing to our steps.

I recently read in USA Weekend that if you floss your teeth 4 to 6 times a week, you can add about three years to your life. Since I have a fortune invested in my teeth, I floss often, so I wonder if I may add three years to my life, or, have I already lived the extra three years?

I keep reading that coffee is being hailed now for its wide range health benefits. And, tea is also supposed to be a good health drink. I've never been a great coffee lover but do like a cup with my breakfast in the mornings. My late mother loved her coffee and often had her first cup of the day in her bed when she woke up in the mornings. Since I have been having high blood pressure problems I have been drinking caffeine free coffee in the mornings.

I love iced tea, preferably sweet, with a dash of lemon and plenty of ice. I sweeten my tea now with Splenda and it still taste good. I use caffeine free tea as we drink iced tea for supper every night. When I was diagnosed with diabetes a couple years ago I gave up my beloved Classic Coke for Diet Coke and
like it a lot now. I haven't switched to caffeine free Coke as I feel I need a little caffeine to perk me up at times.

See you next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home