Wednesday, August 30, 2006

ADD A MILD HEART MURMUR , HYPOTHYROIDISM & IMPACTED EAR
WAX TO MY LIST OF AILMENTS BUT DON"T COUNT ME OUT YET!
BY OLIVENE GODFREY
I have been busy the past week, seeing my doctor for a physical
and a follow-up visit to review results of my tests. (I Still
have a mammogram set for later.) I had an ultra sound one day
after the doctor heard a clicking sound while listening to
my heart. The test showed that I have a mild heart murmur
known medically as Mitral valve prolapse or benign floppy
heart valve. I don't need any treatment but there
is a serious infection that makes it important before
dental or surgical procedures to take antibiotics. and the doctor gave me a prescription for one to have on hand.

Back in the 1970s, I gained weight and had physical fatigue
among the many symptoms of hypothyroidism, the disease state
caused by insufficient production of thyroid hormone by the thyroid gland. I had about forgotten that period in my
life and didn't connect it to the ailments I have been having recently. The doctor increased my thyroid medicine slightly
for the condition and I hope I will feel chipper again soon and can lose weight again too.

The doctor also wants me to take my blood pressure often
to monitor it as it has been high lately. My lab work results
were all good and that's a relief.

About the ear wax. I have been having trouble hearing for some time and doctor said I had wax in my ears. The nurse tried,
in vain, to jar the wax loose from my ears, making me feel like
my brains were about to spill out. I will put some ear drops in my ears for two weeks and go back and let nurse try it again.
Meanwhile, I am harder of hearing than ever.

I had a bone scan today for osteoporosis study and don't know when I will get results from it.

See you next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home