Sunday, September 24, 2006

UPDATE ON HEALTH PROBLEMS

By OLIVENE GODFREY

I will not remember this month fondly, believe me! I was already stressed out by multiple visits to the doctor and medical tests and then my blood pressure started acting up and scaring me half to death. I am now taking two prescription blood pressure medicines, one with a fluid pill. I have been having unpleasant side effects but at last my blood pressure is down to normal. I hope it will stay normal and that I will soon be feeling better. If I can adjust to the medicines, I should be feeling better soon.

Son Barry, bless him, has been wonderful about helping with the housework and cooking and has driven me around to the various medical offices the past month.

Recently, my sister, Jeanette, and I discussed the prescription drugs that literally are keeping us alive in our advanced years.
We are grateful to the medical scientists who invent these drugs but we wish the medicines weren't so expensive. I am in the Medicare Part D prescription drug program and am now in the
"doughnut hole" period when enrollees have to pay full price
for our medicines. I still have to pay the insurance company
a monthly payment and it really gripes me. Jeanette and I agree that the insurance and drug companies are the only ones who benefit from the stupid program.

See you next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home