Sunday, November 19, 2006

CATARACT SURGERY GOES WELL--IT'S PRETTY WORLD NOW!

By OLIVENE GODFREY

Early last Thursday morning, son Barry drove us to Dalton for my cataract surgery on my left eye. I was in the surgery center for about two hours. This included pre-operative time, the actual surgery,and post-operative care. About half way through the surgery, the doctor said, "Everything is looking great and you are doing great." And then it was over and shortly Barry and I left to go home. Barry had taken the day off and when we got home, he prepared a light breakfast for me and then I settled in my recliner and Barry went to his bedroom to take a nap.

We went back to the doctor's office the next day and I had exams and tests and the doctor then told me that my vision at that time was 20/25.I go back to doctor in two weeks for another checkup and I hope to find out then what next is in store for me regarding my eyes. Everything looks so sharp and colors so vibrant. I told Barry that all looked wonderful to me except myself. I had looked in the mirror when I got home, and I thought, when did I start looking so old?

For many years, I cooked an elaborate Thanksgiving dinner, preparing most of the food from scratch, beginning the cooking on the day before and I enjoyed it as my late husband, Ralph, enjoyed the dinners so much and later Barry from an early age, loved to eat the dinners, too. But, the past few years I have been totally exhausted after the dinner. So, reluctantly, I decided not to cook at home this year. We have invited a friend to join us and we are planning to eat in a restaurant. We haven't yet chosen the restaurant.

I hope each of you have a very Happy Thanksgiving day!

See you next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home