Monday, October 09, 2006

UPDATE ON INCREDIBLE POINSETTIA & OTHER STUFF

By OLIVENE GODFREY

Last November,(2005) I purchased a large,healthy poinsettia plant and placed it on the den's sunken floor, in front of a large picture window. The plant apparently got just the right amount of sunshine and being on the floor, it has stayed cool all year round. Son Barry waters the plant with a small Dixie cup every day. And then we have left it alone. The original red leaves have been replaced with large green leaves and it has grown to be a huge plant. The plant is now in the period when it needs to have uninterrupted, dark nights. This will last from about October first to last of November.

We are hoping the plant will re flower in time for Christmas. The research Barry has done indicates that this is difficult to achieve. The "flowers" are actually large bunches of colored leaves. It is the most popular flowering plant in he U.S.
even though its sales are just about six weeks.

When I recently had wax removed from my ears, I seem to be able to hear better. Now, my hearing is worse than ever and I am going to discuss this with my doctor when I see her later this week. She will also check my high blood pressure which isn't
as high as it was for a while, but is still too high.

WE are having pretty fall weather now and I haven't felt like getting out in several weeks. But, I was determined to have some kind of outing on Sunday. So, I got dressed up in my
pretty red blazer outfit. WE ate early lunch in Chatsworth and then came home and I rested a while. Then, Barry drove us to the Dalton mall and we got good haircuts at MasterCuts. I bought my sister, Jeanette, a humorous, mildly insulting birthday card.
If she received a "sweet" card from me she would be worried about me and maybe herself. My December birthday is coming up and she said this past weekend that she was going to start looking for a card to send me.

See you next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home