Monday, October 23, 2006

DATE SET FOR MY CATARACT SURGERY

By OLIVENE GODFREY

I have known for several years that I have cataracts on both of my eyes, worse on my left eye. My vision is blurred in my left eye and can no longer wait for surgery. So, I spent two stressful hours in my eye doctor's office one day last week
having tests and making arrangements for my surgery which will be in a few weeks. I have written instructions regarding preparing for the surgery a couple of days prior to the surgery date.

The office tests which consist of flashing lights, etc.... showed that I don't have glaucoma which runs in my family. Also, my
diabetes hasn't affected my eyes. My doctor said that I am a good candidate for the surgery since my eyes are healthy except for the cataracts.

After I have surgery, I won't need glasses except to read if all goes well. Some people don't need glasses at all after the surgery. I hope I can be rid of bifocals which I detest.
I have heard a lot of praise for this surgery and hope it will be right for me. I Have only had one surgery and that was thyroid surgery in 1976. So, I am a bit apprehensive about my upcoming surgery and am aware of the risks. But, I will think positive and pray that the surgery will be successful.

See you next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home