Monday, October 16, 2006

WE GOT OUR FLU SHOTS & MONDAY MORNING THOUGHTS

BY OLIVENE GODFREY

As I write this on a cloudy Monday morning, the weather people have forecast rain today through tomorrow. We need the rain very much so I hope we get a good soaking rain minus any storms.
We had a cold snap this past weekend and after seeing my doctor on Friday, I stayed home all weekend in our warm house. The doctor was pleased with my office blood pressure reading. She reviewed the previous blood pressure readings in the memory of my monitor. She thinks the spikes I had been having on some days was caused by my body becoming adjusted to the new medicines she prescribed about a month ago. I don't have to return to see doctor for three months. I hope my blood pressure continues to be stable.

Son Barry and I got our flu shots this weekend which was a relief for us. We were unable to get the shots last year due to a shortage of the vaccine. I stayed home most all of last winter and drank large amounts of orange juice and wasn't sick any, not even a cold.

The doctor examined my ears and all the wax is gone but I am still hard of hearing. I can't afford hearing aids so guess I will stay deaf which is frustrating for me and people who try to talk to me.

Barry hasn't been able to bring the patio plants inside because of a pulled muscle or maybe arthritis in his upper back. The plants don't seem to have been damaged during the cold snap
and they have grown so large that it is hard to transport them to the garage. Barry will need to prune the plants before they are moved inside. We would like to have a small greenhouse and maybe one day!

Recently, my long time friend, Julia, called and we had a bad phone connection so we didn't talk very long. I was so glad to hear from her as she has been diagnosed with Parkinson's which is what my late husband had in his last days and I know firsthand what a terrible disease it is. She was once so vibrant and creative as a poet and songwriter. Before Julia and I ended our conversation, we both agreed that we hate old age.
Some call old age the Golden Years, but I say that is hogwash!

My friend and neighbor, Geneevelyn, also called one day
and we had a nice chat. She is concerned about my health and I appreciate that. She has done a lot to help me over the years and its comforting to know that she is nearby if I need to call on her again.
See you next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home