Tuesday, May 30, 2006

GOOD OLE' SUMMERTIME IS HERE IN NORTHWEST GEORGIA!
By OLIVENE GODFREY
The past week has felt like summer. Besides the extremely hot weather and thunderstorms and longer daylight hours, there's something in the atmosphere that let's us know that summer is indeed here now. The lizards on our patio rock wall are sunning every day and that's a sure sign that hot days are here for a few months.

Most schools have dismissed for the summer holidays and grads are receiving their diplomas. And in these parts we drink iced tea year round (preferably sweet tea) but it takes on a special
role in our lives in hot weather.

This past Memorial day weekend, son, Barry, packed a lot of activities in his four day holiday. Besides, "being on the go"
a lot, he did some yard work here and household chores. He also installed lever-type handles to the kitchen faucet and my bathroom to make it easier for me to use with my arthritic hands.

Barry drove me over to the mall in Dalton Memorial day morning shortly after they opened. I got a good haircut at MasterCuts
and had a nice chat with the stylist who cut my hair. She noticed my sandles and said she had a pair exactly like them.
She added that she loved them as they are so comfortable. I told her I bought mine about ten years ago and she said, so did she. We also discovered that both pairs are SAS shoes and
that we purchased them at the same store. A nice coincident.

Barry and I ate an early lunch at Chick-Fil-A in the mall and I really enjoyed it as it had been a long time since I had eaten there. Walking in the mall and the grocery store the previous Friday helped me get my exercise for the weekend. We got home early and rested and did some chores in the afternoon. And, we ate grilled hamburgers with the trimmings for supper, which was a nice finale for a pleasant holiday weekend.

See you next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home