Monday, April 17, 2006

EASTER GIFTS, WEATHER, ALLERGY, ETC....
By OLIVENE GODFREY

I took it easy Easter Sunday, getting up early and walking down the long hallway from my bedroom to the kitchen, switching on lights along the way. In the kitchen, I turned on the coffee maker and prepared my breakfast. (Son Barry slept a couple of hours longer than I did.) After breakfast, I took a shower and washed and dried my hair. Later, I scanned the Sunday newspaper
front page headlines and then turned to the obit section to see who had died. I puttered around the house until
mid- morning and then got dressed to go to Ryan's with Barry for Easter dinner.

We had a delicious early lunch at Ryan's before the rush arrived Their turkey was good and tender. I ate small portions of foods and had a small helping of hot apple pie cobbler with a dollop of soft ice cream which was yummy. I am allowed one or two desserts a week on my diabetic diet. I have a weakness
for chocolate and Barry has been buying bags of miniature
chocolate candy bars. When I don't want a no-sugar dessert at our evening meal, I often eat one of the tiny candy bars which
satisfies my sweet tooth and craving for chocolate.

Barry has been doing spring cleaning when he's in the mood
and he's a human dynamo when he cleans the house. He had a three day holiday and got a lot done inside and outside the house.
I couldn't help much this weekend as I was a bit under the weather with allergy attacks and other health problems.

About that allergy..... The trees are greening up now and causing the pollen count to be really nigh. And my symptoms are sneezing, runny nose, and itchiness like crazy in the nose, throat and eyes and ears. The experts say it will last
until November which is bad news for people with allergies.

Barry gave me a basket of red impatiens for an Easter gift. I have the new plant sitting next to the poinsettia which is still blooming in front of the big den window. I will put it outside a little later. Barry also bought some wild flower seeds and planted them in a big patio pot and we are looking
forward to watching it bloom and attracting tiny humming
birds that gather their nectar and spin away like little
helicopters.

Barry also bought another toaster for me this past weekend and, alas, it doesn't work any better for me at making toast the way I like it, than the two previous ones he bought to replace
my 30-year-old toaster. The old one still works and if it
stops, I may have to start eating bagels which seems to be
what modern toasters are made for these days. My Southern
taste buds craves toast and biscuits for breakfast so it may be hard for me to switch to bagels.

See you next time

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home