Monday, May 08, 2006

DOCTOR VISIT, QUAD CANE & HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!

By OLIVENE GODFREY

A week or so ago, I called my doctor's office about
a refill on a prescription. In a little while, the doctor's nurse called and since I hadn't seen the doctor in about
seven months, she said the doctor wanted me to come in for a check up. I have a physical every August but I made an appointment and a few days later, I saw the doctor. She
was pleased that I wasn't sick all winter despite not
being able to get a flu shot. She was also glad that my
blood sugar tests are still normal. After the check up,
the doctor seemed to feel that I am as well as possible
with so many ailments.

The doctor gave me a prescription for my allergies and one for a quad cane. My old regular cane has served me well and I will use it as needed. But, the new four-legged one gives me more
support and I am not constantly dropping it like I did
all day with the old one.

I told the doctor that I never seem to feel really good now. I am always feeling either better or worse. She didn't
seem surprised so I will continue to plod along and keep going.

For several days before I went to the doctor, I felt like
"doomsville" was hanging over me. All my life, I have been an optimist. I've had my share of dark times but even
then I always had a spark of hope that things would be better one day. All week, little things I had been worried about
turned out okay. Still, I had the nagging feeling that
something bad was about to happen. As I mentally checked
off the worries, I felt my old optimism returning.

Every bad thing that ever happened to me stunned me.
So, hey, I 'm not a psychic, not even a little bit.

On this past Sunday, the weather was rainy and cool
So, Barry drove to town and got take-out dinners for us and afterward, Barry decided to go to the Home Depot in Dalton to stock up on Zep cleaning supplies. I had also called in two prescriptions and he agreed to pick them up at the pharmacy for me. It had rained most of the morning, but seemed to be in a lull when he left the house. He hadn't been gone long before we started having torrential rain here. When Barry returned,
his hair was wet as he forgot to take an umbrella with him.
Our rain gage showed it rained an inch which we needed. Now
everything is even prettier and more green outside.

We are planning a special outing for Mother's day and we hope the weather will be nice and I will be feeling well.

Have a Happy Mother's Day!

See you next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home