Monday, January 10, 2005

SHORT TOPICS ON MY MIND....

By Olivene Godfrey

I've heard of people who accused their washers and dryers of gobbling up their socks. But, I have never heard of my predicament. I suspect that my dishwasher is eating dinner forks.
Over a period of few months, I have lost five stainless steel dinner forks. I can understand how I might have thrown a fork away while clearing the dinner table after a meal. But, five times? It has me baffled.

--------------------

A number of years ago, my late husband, Ralph, gave me a sturdy, stationary exercise bike. I used it a few times but I was having breathing and other health problems at the time so I stopped using it. Since I started on my no sugar, no potatoes diet last fall, I have had more energy and am stronger. And, I have started riding the bike every other morning and am not getting
too winded and I feel great afterward so I intend to keep it up.

As I continue on the diet and am losing weight, I feel like I have been given a new lease on life at the age of 77.
I come from families (paternal and maternal) who live long lives and I hope I have inherited their genes. I want to feel good as long as I live and am working on that now. I think I am living proof that it is never too late to change your poor eating and living habits. To make a change in your lifestyle, it has to be a lifetime commitment.

---------------------

For years, I had to get up at 6 A.M. every morning and I longed to be able to sleep later. But, now that I am able to sleep as late as I please, I still wake up at 6A.M. So, I get up and start my day's work early. A bonus is that I am able to view the gorgeous sunrises from my front windows. And, I take catnaps during the day and go to bed early at night, which seems to be working fine for me.

---------------------------

My son, Barry, takes me out to lunch at a restaurant of my choice every Sunday. This past Sunday, we had a delicious lunch at
Shoney's. Afterward, we went shopping at a nearby K Mart store.
I had a list of items to buy and we saved a bunch of money on bargains. The weather was nice and it was a pleasant day.

See you next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home