Wednesday, July 23, 2014

July 23, 2014

CAN'T TEACH AN OLD DOG NEW TRICKS

By Olivene Godfrey

I've heard all of my life that, "you can't teach an old dog new tricks."  Or can you?

Since Barry bought a Rollator for me, I've thought of that old adage.  I really haven't had much practice for various reasons to use it.  The Rollator is basically a walker with a comfortable padded seat and a basket to carry personal items.  My problem is working the Rollator's hand brakes.

I studied the instructions that came with the Rollator which seemed complicated.  Finally, I decided I needed only to remember to press down on both loop locks until I heard a click that tells me the wheels are locked.  To release the wheel locks, push up to original position.  Sounds easy, right?  My 86 year old brain plays tricks on me.  For several seconds, I try to remember when to push down or pull up.  If I continue to practice, maybe I'll get the hang of it.  I keep telling myself that over and over....

See you next time.  Comments welcome.  (As told to Tam)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home