Tuesday, August 25, 2009

HIT WITH DOUBLE WHAMMY--A WICKED COLD & IBS ATTACK AT SAME TIME

By OLIVENE GODFREY

Son Barry came down with a cold first, and then it hit me with a double whammy--a wicked cold and IBS attack at same time.
Barry and I had escaped getting colds for several years and it could be that we had forgotten how sick we are with a cold, or else these colds are worse than the others. With the help of over the counter cold medicines, Barry has somehow kept working. I can't take those medicines because of my high blood pressure. I am doing only what has to be done here as I have COPD and have to be very careful that my colds don't turn into pneumonia. I've been resting and drinking lots of liquids and eating light meals. I've also been taking a little Tylenol for pain. I hope and pray that I will be healed and back to normal in a few days.

I had to cancel my appointment for the ICG test as I have heard that if you take it with a cold you won't get an accurate reading. Actually, I didn't feel like going to the doctor's office for the test, anyway.

One bright spot of past few days is that an aluminum quad cane was delivered to me that Barry had ordered as it is lighter and easier for me to use than the heavy steel one I've been using. The new one is also shiny and more attractive than the old cane.

See you next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home