Monday, November 21, 2005

GIVING THANKS & WEATHER AFFECTS JOINTS & MORE

By OLIVENE GODFREY

Winter seems to be here in Northwest Georgia with temps in the 20s last week, and rain and maybe snow flurries this week.
With the trees bare of their leaves, the scenery looks like November. About the possibility of snow-- We have stocked up on food and supplies and won't mind a little snow as long as we have power in the house. I am planning to serve turkey breast and the trimmings Thanksgiving day. A family friend will be our dinner guest.

I was thinking this morning before I got out of bed of all the people and things I am thankful for this year. I am thankful also to God for sparing my life last April when I had injuries from a fall. And I am grateful that I have healed and am about back to normal. And I am thankful every day for Barry who is a devoted son to me as he was to his late beloved "pa",
I believe that there has to be a special place in Heaven
for people like Barry. I am also grateful for my comfortable home. I am thankful for family and friends and so much more.

I have always believed that weather affects my arthritic joints.
And my belief was reinforced when I read am item in the December issue of Good Housekeeping magazine on this subject. A medical team at Tufts-New England Medical Center had a study on pain reports of arthritis patients to weather data. They found that people's knees hurt most when the barometric pressure rose, signaling a change in weather. A dip in temperature also caused joint pain but rainfall didn't. The study concluded there isn't much you can do about this but it explained, they said, why your joints may feel better in warm, stable climate.

Last week, on the same day, my sister, Jeanette, in Dalton and my niece, Connie, in West Palm Beach, FL both had major surgery.
It was Jeanette's 10th surgery, her second one this year, and for Connie it was her second one this year. They are recuperating and hoping to feel better by Christmas. We would appreciate your prayers.

Have a great Thanksgiving weekend and see you next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home