Tuesday, December 08, 2009

SNOW PAID US A BRIEF VISIT & LOVE MY QUICK RESPONSE "BUTTON" & WATCHING TV RE-RUNS OF MUSIC SHOWS

By OLIVENE GODFREY

Last Friday morning, I woke up about 7 A.M. and remembered that the local weather forecasters had predicted snow for early that morning here in Georgia,s high country. I got out of bed and looked out of window, and sure enough, I saw snow drifting down from the sky. It was still dark so I finished my morning routine and then went to the den and opened the draperies and switched on the patio light and the snow was showering down, leaving a white dusting on everything. Son Barry had the day off but he seldom slept late. So, on impulse, I got on the intercom and sang in a cheerful voice," Good morning, Barry. It's snowing up a storm!". In a few minutes, he entered the den and looked out the window at the snow. When it was daylight, he made a lot of pictures. In about two hours the snow had disappeared but the temp was dropping all day, bringing frigid weather into Northwest Georgia. Snow is rare here and came early this year.

Barry has been good naturedly kidding me about becoming so attached to my security "button", the pendant on a nylon cord I wear around my neck now for quick access to assistance when I need it. The Lifeline unit that's a phone and two way communicator is a 24 hour personal response if I press the button. They have a test about once a month and I was in the kitchen when the recorded voice instructed me to press the button which activated the response center. I hope I never need this service but it gives me a sense of security. I also like that the button is waterproof and I can wear it in the shower.

Since I had the booster shot at the blood doctor's office in Calhoun, Georgia, I am having more energy as the days go by. It has increased my appetite which I didn't need. Barry says the extra food intake will turn to muscle instead of fat. Boy! I hope he's correct. We return to the doctor's office in about a week to have another blood test. The doctor will monitor my blood tests to be certain that my blood doesn't become too thick which could cause a clot and stroke. The doctor says its a rare occurrence but he keeps a close check on it.

Maybe it's a part of old age, but I often watch re-runs of T.V, music shows I've seen before. My late husband, Ralph, in his advanced age and retired, would watch T. V. shows, such as the Andy Griffith shows re-runs. He also watched every Clint Eastwood movie shown on television countless times.

I haven't done much to prepare for Christmas yet but know what gifts I'll buy soon. Barry and I will go over to my sister, Jeanette's house on Christmas day for a dinner and party. Barry and I will have a special dinner on Christmas eve.
See you next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home