Thursday, October 08, 2009

I DON'T HAVE CANCER!!

By OLIVENE GODFREY

I will give you the highlights of my visit to the blood doctor who is also a cancer doctor and of my visit to my eye doctor last week.

I was worried sick about my anemia and didn't sleep for several nights before my visit to the blood doctor's office. Last Tuesday morning, Barry drove us to the blood doctor's office just off Interstate 75 exit. It only took us about 35 minutes which is about as long as it takes us to drive to the eye doctor in Dalton. With Barry's help I filled out forms and a few minutes later the nurse came for us. She took my vital statistics and then the friendly and very compassionate doctor came in our room . After his exam and study of my past blood tests at my family doctor's office, he assured me that I don't have cancer which was like a mountain rolled off of me and of Barry, too.
He thinks my problem is anemia of inflammation and chronic disease which is thoroughly covered on the Internet. The doctor said he is like a blood detective and his nurse drew a lot of blood to be analyzed. I return to see him in about eight days to review his findings and hopefully, a diagnoses and decide on the treatments I need.

We went on the scenic, historical State Highway 225 South which is deep in what was once Cherokee Indian country and then we traveled about a mile on the I 75 and turned off at the exit.

We got out of the doctor's office about noon and were starving so Barry stopped at an Arby's and we both ate large roast beef sandwiches and curly fries. And a combination of the trauma of the doctor visit and too much roast beef kept me awake all that night. I am just beginning to calm down. Being over the cancer scare does help make me feel better.

I saw the eye doctor last week and after an exam and a test, his diagnosis was, Dry Eye Syndrome. And the doctor told me to use over the counter eye drops with tears often. He assured me that my eyes are still very healthy.

This morning I started the proceedings with the personal alert system Barry and I had considered for a couple of weeks.The company will send out reps next week to do paper work and check out the house. I should feel better with a button I can push for any emergencies and hopefully it will let me continue living at home.

Thanks to all who prayed for me last week.

See you next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home