Tuesday, October 27, 2009

WE'RE HIGH TECH AT OUR HOUSE NOW

By Olivene Godfrey

I've told you about having a personal response system for emergencies installed in our house recently. Part of this system is a "smart telephone" with large numbers and magnified sound for the hearing impaired, like me. I am able to make personal calls on this phone without having a difficult time understanding the people I call or those that call me. This isn't a cordless one. So, son Barry ordered me a cordless phone from Amazon which also has large numbers and magnified sound for the hearing impaired. I'll be able to carry this phone around the house.

Since we live in a long ranch style house, it's impossible to communicate with each other if we are at opposite ends of the house. During the years we've lived in our house, we've often spoken of needing an intercom system. Last year, Barry was working in the garage on a Saturday and I fainted in the bathroom and fell onto the floor. When I became rational, I realized I couldn't get up off the floor. Frantically, I screamed for Barry but he couldn't hear me. After awhile I nearly became hysterical. Then, Barry came to tell me he was going to town and discovered me on the floor. Fortunately, I had no injuries and again we spoke of the need for an intercom. And this week it became a reality when Barry installed an intercom system in our home.
And it's reassuring to be High Tech now.

I have an appointment with my family doctor later this week to have another x-ray and re-check. I have no idea why as I had a chest x-ray and check up about a month ago and the do tor said I didn't have cancer which was a relief. Barry said it may have something to do with my COPD as it had been stable for several years but was acting up a little at the time I had the last x-ray. I confess I am worried, and a little scared, about it and I would appreciate your prayers once again.

See you next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home