Sunday, November 01, 2009

NEW X-RAY SHOWED NO CANCER BUT COPD IS WORSE

By OLIVENE GODFREY

I told you in my last entry that I had an appointment with my family doctor for a re-check and x-ray. I had previously had an x-ray five or six weeks ago and apparently Barry and I who are both absent minded these days didn't remember I was supposed to have a followup appointment and x-ray in a month. I did make an appointment last week and we didn't have to wait but a few minutes before doctor saw us. The first x-ray was taken as I was recovering from an awful cold. So, the doctor wanted another x-ray to confirm her diagnose.

To get to the point, last Friday afternoon, I had another X-ray and it showed no cancer, thank God, but my COPD has become worse. It had been stable for eight years and I rarely thought
about it. The doctor said I should avoid getting a cold, flu or pneumonia. Since there aren't any flu shots available in our county. I may have to hibernate for the winter. Even then, I may not be protected as I caught the awful cold from Barry who caught his from a co-worker who didn't practice good hygiene and infected Barry and others at the shop. I think this fella should be horse whipped for causing Barry and me so much pain and damage to my lungs. I am to return to the doctor's clinic in two months for another check up. Thanks again for remembering me in your prayers.

Following a traumatic Friday, I went to bed extra early and slept so soundly that night that I felt groggy the next day.

-------------------------------------------

We've all read novels, seen plays and movies, and perhaps have personally known persons who have murdered someone they loved very much. This sounds contradictory. But, if you think about it for a few minutes, you'll have to admit that those you love most are more capable of evoking violent emotions within you than strangers are. If we are honest, most of us will admit that we have moments when we would dearly love to see someone we dislike be pushed off a cliff. Fortunately, this wish is seldom translated into physical action.

I remember reading about the couple who were celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary. A reporter asked the wife if she's ever considered divorce. She answered with a twinkle in her eye, "Divorce? No. Murder? yes,many times."

Horace gives us some good advice:"Anger is momentary madness, so control your passion or it will control you."

See you next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home