Monday, June 18, 2007

STUNNED BY MEDICAL TEST REPORT

By OLIVENE GODFREY

The call came about 10 A. M. while I was reading the morning newspaper. I had a rare (for me) premonition that the call was from my GI doctor's office. A few days earlier, I had sent them a hermoccult card which check for blood in the stool. Gingerly,
I answered the phone and a nice woman told me that my card samples had tested positive. My mind was reeling and I didn't hear half of what she told me.

The next day, I had another call from the doctor's office and was told by a woman that a colonscopy and endoscopy had been scheduled for me in about six weeks. I will go to the doctor's Dalton office in about three weeks to get the details and instructions. The diagnostic tests will be at Dalton's huge, modern hospital.

A couple of days later, I had an appointment with my family doctor. She gave Barry and me a video about the colonscopy and endoscopy which was helpful. It had been nearly a year since I had lab work so I will do that in a few days. I dread the tests but Barry and I both want to know if something is wrong and if so, hope it can be fixed. The fear of the unknown scares us and we ask for your prayers.

-------------------------------------

We had two nice rain showers last week that measured an inch in our rain gage in the yard. The plants on the patio are thriving in the summer heat and with a little watering by Barry. The asparagus fern that looked so pitiful in the spring is now looking good. Also, the pink geranium is large and blooming its heart out. Inside by the big window, the Incredible Poinsettia is huge and beautiful now.

I've written in the past about the variety of animals we see in our yard from time to time. And, last week, in the late afternoon, we saw a black bear cub pass through our yard. Barry speculated that due to the drought, the bear cub had come down from the mountain looking for food and water. Or, he thought, it might have got separated from its mother. And quite often we see deer in the yard. I remember one Sunday morning, I looked out of my office windows and saw several baby deer prancing and dancing in the yard which was quite a sight.

QUOTES--"Not until we fall victim to a real tragedy do we realize how much energy we have spent worrying about trivialities."Dear Abby

"Some people who say they believe in freedom of speech think that anybody who believes otherwise should be made to shut up."
Earl Wilson column.

See you next week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home