Tuesday, June 01, 2004

LYING ABOUT YOUR AGE & LITTLE THINGS THAT HELP US A LOT....

By Olivene Godfrey

For centuries men have laughed at women's reluctance to tell the truth about their age. And there once was a time when no woman admitted to being over 30. But, today's life span is so long that being in the 40s or 50s or even 60 or older certainly doesn't mean you are ancient. so, why not be honest?

I realize some women, and some men, are perhaps forced into fibbing about their ages because certain types of industry still retain the idea that above a certain age, you are over the hill.

I think it was Oscar Wilde who said, " A woman who will tell her age will tell anything." And I have known women who went along with that. Whether one tells one's age depends upon the individual woman. But the woman who does fib a bit about her age may run into some complications. It's been said to be a good liar one must have a good memory.

And one's age can be looked up in any number of places. In
our country there seems to be too much emphasis placed on youth.
Each year in a woman's life should be a challenge and a record of new growth, new wisdom. And today there is so much to do,
so much to be excited about, that exactly how old you are is less and less important. To make a success of old age we need to start young. As May Lamberton Becker said, "We grow neither better nor worse as we get old but more like ourselves."

LITTLE THINGS THAT HELP US ....I guess we all take small, but important in their way, conveniences for granted. Such as when I cook chicken in the oven, I line a pan with aluminum foil
and when the chicken is cooked I remove the foil and still have a clean pan. That's only one of dozens of uses for this product.
Then I wonder sometimes how I would manage without paper towels and cheap paper plates when I work in the kitchen.

Another of my favorite little things is my hand held shower which set on message wakes me up in the morning when I take a shower and can't seem to wake up.

Here is a quote from our old friend, Anon, " I'll tell you what kind of man he is - when I first met him I liked him but he talked me out of it."


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home