Monday, March 22, 2004

SUNDAY OUTING --SHOPPING AND DINING OUT-MY FAVORITE THINGS....

By Olivene Godfrey

After a week of being under the weather, I slept nine hours Saturday night and woke up Sunday morning feeling chipper despite
the cold, windy weather outside. The sunshine was shining brightly which is always a welcome sight. I felt too good to let the cold weather keep me from a planned outing. So, son Barry and I proceeded to take care of morning chores and then got warmly dressed for the planned trip to nearby Dalton.

We took the scenic, two-lane route to Dalton and the flowering trees and shrubs along the way were gorgeous. We are hoping the cold weather this week won't bring a killing frost to all of our spring beauty here in northwest Georgia.

Our first stop in the city was at the huge super Lowe's store.
Barry could spend hours browsing in Lowe's and Home Depot.
Since he was a small child, he has loved hardware stores.
Unfortunately, I can no longer spend as much time as I would like, too, as I tire easily. If I ever learn to operate my power bike properly, I could shop in comfort in large stores. Now I am afraid I would run down customers and knock over merchandise displays. When warm weather is here to stay, I plan to practice driving the bike on the concrete outside our house.

In Lowe's we found the French doors we were looking for and we chose the one we will buy a little later this spring. Barry wrote down the model number on a pad so we will know which one we want later. We will need some carpentry work done inside the floor by the sliding glass doors we are replacing with the French doors. I am looking forward to the day when this project is completed.

We also filled our store buggy with items we have been needing such as my reading lampshade in my office. It is over 50 years old and was given to me by my sister, Jeanette, who bought new lamps that year. It is so old that it is back in style as we saw some lamps like it in the store.

When we finished our shopping, we went to nearby Western Sizzler steak house and ordered the lunch buffet. The food was delicious and we enjoyed the meal very much but I was glad to return home later and spent some time relaxing with the Sunday paper and taking cat naps. Later, I talked to my sister, Jeanette, for our weekly hour long telephone chat. I went to bed early last night but had a restless night. I may have slept too much over the weekend as I feel fine this morning.

I may take a nap this afternoon. I have a beef pot roast cooking in my Crock Pot for supper and the aroma is filling the air in the house. see you next week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home